lemonadelibrary

Lemonade Library

Setting up over here for now whilst I decide how I want to shelve my books online.
The Rules for Disappearing - Ashley Elston This book started too slowly for my liking, in fact, it's taken me quite a long time to make my way through it. Having said that though, it definitely picked up in the last quarter and I raced through it then to the end.

I really liked Meg, especially in her scenes with her little sister - their relationship was so sweet and genuine to read, it made me want to visit my own little sister just to give her a big hug! I also really enjoyed the romance that was interwoven with the story, it was probably my favourite part of the whole book. Her relationship with Ethan did happen rather fast, but for once I didn't care - Ethan was adorable! Damn that dimple!

On the other hand, the mystery just didn't make me feel much of anything or really have any page-turning qualities about it. Even though I raced through the end, I had already worked out the secret a while before and I just wanted to see how it would pan out in the final few pages. I did like how it was left though, with most of it tied together apart from a few strands that will lead nicely into the sequel. To be honest though, I don't know if I'll read the second book - I needed more excitement and was left disappointed after eagerly anticipating this one.

Overall, it was OK - the romance and Meg's relationship with her family made it much better, but I was expecting a thrilling mystery and didn't feel that I got it.

Thanks to NetGalley and Disney-Hyperion for providing me with a copy to review

Lemonade Library