lemonadelibrary

Lemonade Library

Setting up over here for now whilst I decide how I want to shelve my books online.
True - Erin McCarthy Thanks to NetGalley and Penguin Group/NAL Signet Romance for sending me this ARC to review truthfully

True completely had me hooked from page one, and to tell you the truth, I was surprised. Pleasantly surprised. I had been expecting the same old tale of girl meets damaged boy and although I realise this is the exact premise of this book, it still felt fresh, exciting and dramatic.

The sub-stories of Kylie, Jess and Nathan added a really enjoyable depth to the story, I loved Kylie's interactions with Rory, so sweet! I loved how the group of friends all stuck by each other and their friendships felt grounded and real. I can't wait to find out more about Jess in McCarthy's second book! Of course, the strand of the story involving Tyler and his brothers made the book for me. The snippets of Tyler's life were heartbreaking, and his relationship with his brothers was so touching and felt so genuine. I also really loved reading about Rory's dad and Susan, even though they appeared for short bursts at a time, they definitely made me smile.

Rory and Tyler were beautiful together, the more I read the more I rooted for them. I loved finding small bits out about them both, things that explained who they were and why they acted certain ways. I came away feeling warm, but I feel like I really need to know more about what happens after the end of the book. I really hope we can revisit them later!!

The only gripes I had was Grant and his part in the book from the start - it felt a bit added on and was never really explored, I felt it maybe could have been cut out. I also really don't like the fact that Tyler smokes so much, argh - the smell Rory must have to deal with, yuck!

Overall though, I loved the book and would definitely recommend it. I hope McCarthy come back with more very soon!